Know your ISO 50001 legal requirements
ISO 50001 is a standard with legal requirements developed to help organisations use energy more efficiently, through the development of an energy management system (EnMS).
Libryo’s regulatory platform ensures you are certified and covered whenever changes are made to this standard.
What does the ISO 50001 standard cover?
This standard helps organisations use energy efficiently, which in turn saves money as well as helping to conserve resources and tackle climate change. ISO 50001 is based on the management system model of continual improvement also used for other standards such as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001.
Topics covered include:
- Significant Energy Use (SEU)
- Continuous improvement in energy performance
- Reducing energy consumption and complying with legislation such as the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
- Increasing sustainability
Who does ISO 50001 apply to?
All organisations and sectors, certification to ISO 50001 is possible but not obligatory.
Organisational benefits of ISO 50001 include:
- Better efficient use of energy consumption and reduced costs
- Increased operational performance of equipment and reduced environmental impact of operations
- Use data to better understand and control energy use
- Continually improve energy management by measuring results
Discover why other leading companies choose to work with Libryo