Know your ISO 45001 legal requirements
ISO 45001 is a standard created with legal requirements to help organisations improve employee safety, reduce workplace risks and create better working conditions.
The Libryo platform ensures your organisation is certified and covered whenever changes are made to this standard.
What does the ISO 45001 standard cover?
This sets the minimum standard of practice to protect employees worldwide. ISO 45001 enables businesses to implement an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system. This helps you manage risks and improve performance.
Topics covered include:
- Context of the organisation
- Understanding the needs and expectations of workers and other interested parties
- Risk and opportunities
- Leadership and management commitment
- Planning and operation
- Performance evaluation and improvement
Who does ISO 45001 apply to?
All organisations, regardless of size, industry or nature of business. Certification to ISO 45001 is possible but not obligatory.
Organisational benefits of ISO 45001 include:
- Reduction of workplace incidents and lower cost of insurance premiums
- Increased productivity due to lower absenteeism and employee turnover
- Creation of a health and safety culture, whereby employees are engaged to take a more active role
- Stronger leadership which enhances OH&S performance
- Identify hazards and put in place controls to manage them
- Ability to meet legal and regulatory requirements
- Demonstration of compliance which improves reputation and employee satisfaction
Innovative regulatory software
& compliance management
With Libryo you can know your occupational, environmental, health & safety law at the click of a button. Learn how you can manage your legal requirements and compliance with confidence.