Quick overview of ISO 22000 legal requirements
ISO 22000 is a standard that supports organisations with identifying and controlling food safety hazards across the supply chain.
Libryo’s regulatory tracking platform means that your organisation is certified and covered whenever changes are made to this standard.
What does ISO 22000 cover?
This standard sets out the requirements for a food safety management system (FSMS) and how an organisation can demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards to ensure food safety.
Topics covered include:
- Documentation and a food safety policy
- Responsibility and resource management
- A plan for following the HACCP principles
- Production and traceability
- Validation, verification and ongoing improvement of the FSMS
Who does ISO 22000 apply to?
Any organisation regardless of its size.
Benefits of ISO 22000 include:
- Increased confidence in your food hazard controls across your supply chain
- Provide internationally recognised processes for your business
- More transparency around accountability and responsibilities
- Greater effectiveness by continually improving and updating your systems
- Improved customer satisfaction and response to risks